Rhythm, Routine & Reward
Part of crafting a balance in life is building a rhythm that you love and enjoy. If we let life control our rhythm we get thrown all out of whack by the pressures of the world. Setting your own rhythm and crafting a daily and weekly rhythm that works for you can be a powerful exercise. It may seem selfish at the time but if we carve out time for the things we enjoy – it could be a walk with friends, the gym, pilates – a cheeky wine with a friend – we are more likely to turn up better for those around us.
It doesn’t sound sexy, and I wouldn’t say I’m a huge fan of routine (change can be as good as a holiday, right?) But with a lot of the world still reeling from the ongoing pandemic there is certainly a place for some semblance of order. A routine that works for you can help to ease anxiety and allow you to feel in control. Be it your favourite home workout (we’re big fans of Dedikate here at Rhind), family meals together or even visiting your favourite coffee shop where they know your name and your order.
A good tip for sticking to your intended rhythm and routine? Build in rewards - like a post workout coffee with friends, new activewear if you stick to a planned workout routine for a full week, or a weekend away after a long week at work. Rewards encourage repetition, naturally building a rhythm that you will actively enjoy.
A Little Insight Into Mine (Hayley here…)
As many of you know, I started Rhind when I fell in love with exercise again. Starting my first fashion brand took more time and energy than I could ever imagine, and it meant my focus on wellness swayed. These days it’s back on track and my days look something like this.
- Coffee & My Kids – Can’t Be Beaten – mornings are precious, so I try to make the most of them.
- A Workout – Of some form – Pilates or weights are my go to
- Good Food – It sets you up for the day
- Work I Love – Designing, crafting and building our next collection
- Time on the farm – Time on the farm that I call home is so important to me and so it is important to build this into my daily life
- Treats – What’s your preference? Cupcakes, wine or both? Not every day…but they sure goes down well
What’s Your Daily Rhythm?
- What could you build into your daily or weekly routine?
- Do you reward yourself to help you build good habits?
- What would you thank yourself for starting a year from now?
Don’t Be A Stranger
We’re real people! We make our 100% NZ Activewear right here in Blenheim and we love to hear your thoughts on everything. And we love to hear from you.
If you want to know more from Rhind, see what we’re up to on a daily basis or ask us questions.
Follow us: @rhind__
Or sign up to our email newsletter to hear about our latest releases of NZ Made Activewear.